The Department of Trade and Industry announced proposed amendments to the National Lotteries regulations that would set funding caps for potential beneficiaries.
The proposed amendments would:
* set specific limits of the grant award in the call for applications
* prohibit state entities from applying for funding
* require that National Lotteries Commission help distributing agencies with administrative support when deciding on the merits of applications
* prohibit awardees from receiving further grants within 12 months of having received funding
* prohibit agents from claiming more than R150 000 in service fees
* develop procedures to ensure allocation of funds to worthy causes as identified by government priorities
- Download: DRAFT NATIONAL LOTTERIES AMENDMENT REGULATIONS 2014.
- Read, "Cap to be Imposed on Lotteries Funding" on the Sabinet website.
- Read, "Draft National Lotteries regulations out for comment," in LegalBrief TODAY.