Every month (from April to December), Inyathelo will highlight one of the Ten Elements of Advancement. On tap for May is Financial Management!
Our marquee event will be the "Get Resourceful" session on Financial Management - 13 May 2014, hosted by the Inyathelo Resource Centre, where we will focus specifically on “Budgeting for Advancement” and building an endowment. Drop in our Woodstock offices anytime between 9am and 11am. Our expert will present from 9:15am to 9:45am and there will be plenty of time for questions and discussion. There will be opportunities to participate via social media for those of you not in Cape Town.
In addition, the Resource Centre library has numerous publications on hand to help educate yourself on financial management including:
- Basic Financial Management for Community-Based Organisations, National Development Agency (2001).
- Financial & Strategic Management for Nonprofit Organizations, Bryce, Herrington, J. (2000)
- Financial Basics for Nonprofit Managers, Thomas A. McLaughlin. (2009)
- Financial Management for Nonprofit Organizations. Zietlow, John; Hankin, Jo Ann; Seidner, Alan G. (2007)
- Financial Management for NPO's: advancement and resource mobilisation. Cathy Masters. (2013)
- Nonprofit Bookkeeping & Accounting for Dummies. Sharon Farris. (2009)
- The Budget-Building Book for Nonprofits: A Step-by-Step Guide for Managers and Boards. Murry Dropkin, Jim Halpin, Bill La Touche. (2007)
- Budgeting for Managers. Kemp, Sid; Dunbar; Eric. (2003)
Don’t forget the online financial management resources on the ASK Inyathelo site, where you will find several articles about financial management, budgeting, legal responsibilities, and more – all written specifically for South African non-profits.
Finally, take a look at our Financial Management Pinterest board, which will be growing throughout the month.